Friday, September 16, 2005

Constructive Blogging

Having thought about my last couple of posts and what I’ve been talking about, I'm very aware that my last two posts have been critical posts and reasonably serious. While I don’t think this is a bad thing, I wanted to post something that is a bit less along the lines of a “why I'm grumpy today post.”So while there are things that I could complain about I thought I’d take the time to tell you all about the highlight of my bus trip into Uni this morning which was also quite possibly the highlight of my week. (For those of you waiting for my next rant I'll try to get something posted next week)

One of the other guys who (semi) regularly catches the bus down to Uni, Ben, after sitting down on the seat across the aisle from me proceeded to slap his thighs in an attempt to add some rhythm to the bus ride. I followed along suit, more to frustrate his percussive efforts than to add a beat to the bus.

Ben noticed I was throwing out his rhythm and asked “Lachlan, are you deliberately trying to put me off?”

I exclaimed “I’m challenging you to a thigh slapping duel!” (Later on I found out this is apparently called pastching, (pronounced patching and yes the ‘s’ is meant to be there))

The premise of the thigh slapping duel is simple, each competitor takes turns to make a percussive rhythm on their thighs.
When you have finished your percussive attempt you point to the next competitor to signal that it is now their turn.
The next competitor has to outdo the first performance (but only by a little bit) and then passes control on.
And so the cycle continues until one competitor outdoes the other (usually on competitor will mess up, then they lose although recoveries are possible)

Not to brag, but I won. If anyone wants to challenge me to a thigh slapping duel come and challenge me.

I’m more than happy to take you all on!Hope you all have a good weekend- Lachlan

No comments: